Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Civilization IV

Civilization IV

Civilization IV

By Cheffy "Chef" (online) - reviews


Wow, dont go by the recommended requirements at all on the box with this. I have a 2.1ghz Imac with a gig of ram, and I have to run the game on the lowest graphic setting. The music is very choppy, but even on the lowest setting, the graphics are gorgeous. Gameplay is typical Civilization style. Its crashed on me numerous times, mostly when windowed, fullscreen made the game drag to a crawl (but no crashes), and I was wishing for a Civ3 view under the options. I wouldnt recommend playing this on anything other than one of the newer machines with a ton of ram, or a quad style machine. If and when Aspyr updates with a patch that hopefully removes much of the resource hogging, I can easily give this 4 stars, but in its current condition, I can only give it a 3, but I really feel its more of a 2 right now.



After applying the beta patch, I can easily give Civ 4 the 4 stars it deserves. Great game and Aspyr really shows how to make games on the Mac work.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment